Thursday 17 August 2017

X-Zone great Escapes

X-Zone Great Escapes

Image result for x-zone great escapes book
I think this book is stimulating because I learnt what a Colditz prisoner of war thinks a home run is (a successful escape from a prison). I think it is for 7-15 year olds and it is about lots of escapes throughout history by famous people. The book focuses on escaping from places or oppression (where people are treated cruelly or are prevented from having the same freedom as others). It has brief snippets about the escapees, which makes it easy to read and fast moving. The book is factual with lots of maps, newspaper clippings and photos. I think these images help to explain the situation the escapees were in. I like how it has a quiz at the end to test if you have got the facts. It makes me want to know more about the stories and people in them. It is by David Harris and is illustrated by Lenny Pelling. It is part of the X.Zone series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.