Tuesday 8 August 2017

Tom Gates yes no maybe

Tom Gates Yes No Maybe

 
Image result for tom gates yes no maybe book

This is a fantastic book about a 10 year old boy named Tom Gates, who likes to doodle (draw). He is a normal boy and the story centers on his daily life, set in the present age. Each book in the series has his older sister, named Delia, who does mean stuff to him, like eating the last of his favourite breakfast cereal deliberately. He has lots of school friends including Derek, who lives next door. He also has a nemesis called Marcus. It is mostly set in his home or at school.

I really enjoyed reading it because it is hilarious and has lots of doodle-like pictures. I find it surprising how much trouble he gets into. I think it is for 7-15 year old's. Tom Gates books are a bit like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It is fictional and a series. It is written and illustrated by L. Pichon.

7 comments:

  1. Great title Morgan; yes no sounds confusing, it reminds me of a t.v programme, this programme was called 'The Vicar of Dibley' it was very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Morgan,

    Great title, It really draws you in. And it is a bit confusing:-). Great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan.
    This is a great post!
    From a scale of 1-10 how much did you like the book?
    I love it.
    Elias
    Yaldhurst Model School
    Year 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably 9 because I it was really hard to stop reading it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Morgan,
    you did a great blog post.
    Really good description.
    You just need to add why you did post this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Morgan
    My name is Maddison I am a year 5 student a Yaldhurst Model School.
    I really liked your blog post.
    It inspired me to read on of his books.
    How many books are there? do you know?
    Ka Pi from Maddison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do know how many books. There are there are 26.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.