Friday 1 December 2017

t4w7 shanty town

Shantytown

This week I went to Shantytown on a school trip. First we dressed up as old fashion school kids. After that we had morning tea. Then we learnt about old fashioned punishment and went on a steam train and the teachers got a bag of gold to give to the bank. When we got off the train, we started to scream out "gold". When we got back to the church we got robbed and the teacher lost the gold. We wrote down what the robber looked like and a police constable came and caught the robber.  Turned out it was all acting and I think he was guilty. But we didn't find out if he was. After we had lunch. Next we acted out a court case and we found that she was innocent. I was a jury. I think everyone enjoyed the day and I would like to go back there again.
I know I did.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there my name is Shontayne and i am a student at Kawakawa primary school at school i really like maths,writing and art this really made me think where is shanty town and also have you thought about making a video of the cool things also if you wanna see cool things like maths animation's and other stuff make sure to look at my blog click my name bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Morgan
    It sounds like you had a really good time. I certainly had a good time when I went. Maybe next time you could make the writing a bit bigger to make it easier to read and put some expression in.

    Keep up the great work!
    Emil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Morgan

    Hi it’s Allie, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey.

    It looks and sounds like you have had a really good day at Shantytown. Being robbed of the gold would have been exciting. Did you like to dress up? I think all the kids look great when they are dressed in the olden day clothes.

    We are thrilled that you've registered for the Summer Learning Journey with us. I know it can sometimes be tricky to get started. I have included a link to the week one activities, but remember, you can do them in any order! Check out the activities on our website, and then post your responses to the activities here on your blog site.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    I am so excited to read all of your posts!

    Cheers,

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.